If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, February 18, 2022

Land - How the Hunger for Ownership Shaped the Modern World


Read the preview here

 

I need little encouragement to buy more books, so when one of my favourite bookshops, booktopia.com.au, offered free shipping for a limited time only, I pounced, spending fifty-five dollars and twenty-five cents to save myself five dollars on shipping charges.

I ordered two books which had been on my wishlist for a while; Simon Winchester's book "Land" simply because I read anything he writes, and "Missing" by Tom Patterson after I heard it discussed two weeks ago by Richard Fidler on ABC Radio National's program "Conversations".

The order has already been dispatched and should arrive in my mailbox sometime next week. All I need to do then is decide which to read first.

 


Googlemap Riverbend