If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, November 17, 2022

Another morning in Paradise

 

Even on a cool day - and it's still unseasonably (or should that be unreasonably?) cool for this time of year, given that we're only two weeks away from the first day of summer - these beautiful mornings at "Riverbend" are very hard to beat.

Mind you, I'm not so keen on all those houseboats slowly creeping up on us. It wasn't all that long ago when we had the river all to ourselves but now there are eight new houseboats moored diagonally across from us (and another dozen around the bend in the river towards the bridge).

 

 

After lots and lots of rain which muddied the river so much that the oyster farmers could no longer harvest oysters, "I can see (the seagrass) clearly now, the rain is gone; I can see all obstacles in my way."

 

"Stare into the abyss and the abyss stares back" (by another German nihilist)

 

I've had my porridge, ate my mango, and am halfway through my cup of cocoa after which we go for our walk through the village. See you soon!


Googlemap Riverbend