If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, November 24, 2022

"Before printing think about the environment"

 

That's how I sign off all my emails, and to really rub it in I repeat it in three languages: "Vor dem Ausdrucken denken Sie an Ihre Verantwortung gegenüber der Umwelt"; "Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement"; and "Ayo peduli lingkungan, pikir dua kali sebelum mencetak".

A frequent reader of my blog who reads his books on a Kindle - pray tell, what's a Kindle? - reminded me of the apparent contradiction between my email signature and my obsession with printed books by reminding me that "Before reading printed books think about the environment".

Well spotted, Bill, but after a lifetime of reading books, you're not likely to kindle in me a love for Kindle. I am happy with my technical support!


Googlemap Riverbend

 

P.S. ... and if you want to know why digital Books wear out faster than physical books, click here. Long live books!