If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, November 28, 2022

You never know what you'll find at an op-shop!

Hear two of Australia’s leading political journalists, Steve Lewis and Chris Uhlmann,
discuss their latest work of fiction (or is it?), "The Mandarin Code"

 

Remember my blog about the TV series "Secret City" - click here - which is based on the books "The Marmalade Files" and "The Mandarin Code"? Well, after we'd finished at the pool this morning and while Padma was doing some more shopping, I whiled away the time at my favourite op-shop, and what should almost jump out at me from the bookshelves? A copy of "The Marmalade Files"! You never know what you'll find at an op-shop.

 

My op-shopped copy is price-tagged "$29.99 Cammeray Bookshop"
Read the preview here

 

Should I wait for its sequel,"The Mandarin Code", to become available at my favourite op-shop for $2, or should I buy it from booktopia at $28.95?


Googlemap Riverbend