If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Good for another thirty-seven years?

 

Elsewhere I wrote about the trusty old sofa which I had bought in Sydney thirty-seven years ago, and which had followed me from there to Canberra and then to Nelligen, so I could catch those forty winks on the verandah on a warm and sunny day.

After thirty-seven years, the trusty old sofa had become like the lifelong friend I've never had, and so it was with some regret that I replaced it today with a newer model which we had found yesterday at Vinnies and which is big enough to seat three people without any problems. There is just one problem: I don't know three people without any problems.

It should be good for another thirty-seven years. Will I be? Sofa so good!


Googlemap Riverbend