If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, October 5, 2012

The internet can be used for more than penile enhancement

 

The Liberal Party has just emailed me a personal letter. It seems our politics are becoming more American-style as we get closer to the next election.

 

Dear Peter

During Tony’s 18 years as a Member of Parliament, I have never sought to make speeches or give public comment. There’s one politician in our family and that’s Tony.

However, today at a lunch in Western Sydney, I spoke for the first time about our lives together and the type of man Tony is. Click here to read my speech.

Tony and I have been married 24 years. In that time, we’ve raised three daughters, been paying off a mortgage, juggled work and family, and experienced our share of laughter and tears like most families. He is the most optimistic person I know. So I feel it’s important to address the Labor Party’s very deliberate campaign to personally attack Tony. Click here to read my opinion piece.

As the woman who knows him best and who has lived with Tony Abbott for 24 years, I want you to know more about the Tony Abbott I know. He grew up with three sisters, he has three daughters, he is supported by a female Deputy in Julie Bishop and he has always had a female chief of staff. Labor’s campaign should stick to the issues rather than engage in personal attacks.

I am, along with our daughters Bridget, Louise and Frances, very proud of Tony. Together, we know that he has what it takes to be a good Prime Minister for all Australians.

Regards

 

 

 

Thanks, Margie; perhaps we should make you Prime Minister!?