If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Time out!

 

Today is time out from my kitchen renovations which are moving ahead slowly (or should that be 'moving a head slowly' in a tut-tutting sort of way, wondering why I ever started it?)

I made a quick dash into Batemans Bay which was full of cars queueing at traffic lights and people queueing at check-outs. I wasted little time on essential shopping but a little more at my favourite op-shop where I found this small bundle of literary delights:

"The Several Lives of Joseph Conrad" by John Stape, "George Orwell - A Life" by Bernard Crick, "Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World" by Jack Weatherford, "Germania - A Personal History of Germans Ancient and Modern" by Simon Winder (it's never too late to find out who I am ☺), "Quest for Kim - In Search of Kipling's Great Game" by Peter Hopkirk, and "The Sea - A Cultural History" by John Mack. It starts with the quote "There is nothing more enticing, disenchanting, and enslaving than the life at sea" by Joseph Conrad which brings me right back to the beginning.