If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, December 5, 2020

Working from home

 

For some, working is for the birds; for me it's with the birds. It's early evening, the sun has gone behind some clouds, and I'm enjoying the cool breeze coming off the river together with a cool bubbly. If life could be any better, please let me know!

It's been a pretty busy day spreading three big piles of top soil and wood chip as well as piles of rumours with any neighbour standing at the gate.

Now it's feet up and head down while I read Simon Winchester's "EXACTLY - How Precision Engineers Created the Modern World" which is Padma's Christmas present to me. I know what you're going to say: it's three weeks early. Yes, it is but that's Padma for you: whenever she has a present for me, be it Christmas or birthday, she can't wait to give it to me to find out if I like it.

Yes, Padma, well chosen! Simon Winchester is one of my favourite non-fiction writers. Now there are only a dozen-or-so titles left of his thirty-plus books which I haven't read yet. Leave them till next Christmas!


Googlemap Riverbend