If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

I've just caught it!

 

Trying to keep warm, I was standing with my bum against the fireplace when I saw in the distance a white delivery van outside the gate. "My mousetraps are here!!!" I rushed out before it would drive off again, leaving me with no more than a notice to pick them up from the post office.

I had bought two mousetraps in April - see here - but was left with just one after a neighbour had asked me to let him have the second one as he had a mouse plague at his house and BUNNINGS had totally sold out.

This newfangled trap works so well that we've had no mice for a month until one night, as we were watching VERA, we saw out of the corner of our eyes the tiniest mouse we had ever seen flit across the kitchen floor and straight into the mousetrap - WITHOUT THE TRAPDOOR SHUTTING!

It nibbled on the peanut butter inside, then came back out again, disappeared behind the fridge, then came back for a second helping and a third. It simply was too tiny and too light to trigger the trapdoor!

There'll be no VERA tonight but I hope the mouse will be back because my new mousetrap is a tinier version, tailormade for this tiny mouse. I've already caught the van; all I have to do now is catch the mouse!


Googlemap Riverbend