If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Are we there yet?

 

My helpmate Troy won't be able to give me a hand until next Monday, so for a few days all work on the "Beach Shack" has stopped. Anyway, books are piling up by the fireside and it's time to do some serious reading again.

And then there is the end of the tax year coming up. Even though I've already been in retirement for twenty years and in my self-funded so-called "pension phase", I'm still spending more in taxes than on myself.

I'm booked for my first AstraZeneca shot on July 7th which is just one day before my friendly dentist in Ulladulla pulls that terribly aching molar which is giving me even more sleepless nights than I usually have.

According to Mark Twain, some sufferer had to sit up with a toothache, and he put in the time inventing the German language. Now we already have the German language and I already speak it, so what am I to do?


Googlemap Riverbend