If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Of things to come

 

I like to think I've built this ramp to get myself onto the verandah when, limp and drooling, I sit in my not-yet-acquired mobility scooter, although right now it comes in handy as I push wheel-barrows full of firewood to the door to keep ourselves warm.

Ever so slowly the days are getting longer and warmer and soon enough all hankering for the tropics will be distant memory - until next winter!

Already, the sun is warm enough to have an afternoon kip on the old sofa which had been a brandnew sofa when I furnished my flat in McMahons Point shortly after my return to Australia in 1985. It's a last reminder of that traumatic time and I like to think that, thirty-five years later, I've finally settled back into domestic life in Australia.

What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realised it sooner.


Googlemap Riverbend