If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Don't breathe under water

I haven't spotted a DON'T BREATHE UNDER WATER sign yet
but it won't be long!

 

Another aqua therapy day in Ulladulla. The pool is heated to a comfortable 30-something degrees and as I float about with my eyes shut, I could easily imagine myself back in Bali. All that's needed is a few potted palms and some soft gamelan music.

Alas, this is Australia which has gone the way of litigious America and, instead of potted palms and soft music, the pool's walls are plastered with BEWARE and DON"T do this-and-that signs while officious life guards with First Aid bum-bags on their belts bark out instructions.

All the more reason to keep my eyes shut!