If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Another tea-rrific start

 

A few days ago, I bought a jump starter for the tractor. This morning I nearly hooked it up to myself but then I looked out the window and saw that the flowering almond trees had started to bloom and I made do with a hot cup of tea.

Yesterday was 'Pool Day' at Ulladulla, followed by a meatloaf-and-chips lunch at the bowling club and a visit to my two favourite bookshops, Vinnies and Salvos. And look what I found:

  • From Plato to NATO - The Idea of the West and Its Opponents, by David Gress
  • The Rational Optimist, by Matt Ridley
  • The Post-American World, by Fareed Zakaria
  • Rivkin Unauthorised - The Meteoric Rise and Tragic Fall of an Unorthodox Money Man, by Andrew Main
  • At Home - A Short History of Private Life, by Bill Bryson
  • Happy Valley, by Patrick White

Enough to keep me going for the rest of the week.