If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Cinema Paradiso

 

Cinema Paradiso is one of cinema's great love songs to cinema. It's food for the weary soul and if you are a movie lover, you will lose your heart to it. If not, then you're most likely dead.

I was lucky to grow up in the pre-television days when I saved up my Groschen all week to pay for Sunday's matinee at the local cinema.

These days I have my own 'movie room' and a huge DVD collection of some of the best movies ever made, including Cinema Paradiso which hasn't found its way on YouTube yet.

Some others have and I've collected them on this blog. No, they're not the best - in fact, the best ones are not on Youtube - but they're the only worthwhile full-length movies I could find (and be quick because YouTube has a habit of deleting full-length movies because of copyright infringements). See you there!