If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Kopfkino

 

After Schadenfreude and Weltschmerz (not to mention Blitzkrieg and Götterdämmerung), another German word seems to have found its way into the English language: Kopfkino.

I had mentioned to a friend in Germany that I suffered from insomnia and that, during the few hours of sleep I could snatch, I dreamt some fairly hective dreams which left me exhausted.

"Oh, Kopfkino!" she said.

I had never heard that expression before but it made a lot of sense.

Kopfkino indeed. Buy your ticket here!