If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

It's a good start to the day!

 

Another early-morning start to the day! Arrived at the pool just in time for opening but the warm-water pool was still closed - TWICE! - because they were short of a lifeguard to man (or wo-man) the pool. Who needs a lifeguard anyway?

Many look even less fit than the chronologically-challenged in the water, and a couple of them are so busy on their smartphones, they would do little more than take a photo of the corpse if someone really drowned.

The 50-metre general pool was open for business (although I hope no-one actually does it in there!), and Padma took a dip in it while we were waiting for the extra lifeguard to turn up. I didn't! I need the extra six degrees of the warm-water pool before I immerse myself any deeper than up to you-know-where. At my age, I need everything that's gentle: gentle exercise, gentle massage, a gentle nudge, Inspector Gently ...

We're back home now, and Padma is getting ready for the weekly Bitch & Stitch meeting in the village hall. I'm sipping a hot chai latte while I watch BHP jump seventy cents on opening. It's a good start to the day!


Googlemap Riverbend