If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, October 1, 2022

"Books!" Das war mein letztes Wort, dann trugen mich die Englein fort!

 

All that getting up at the crack of dawn to be in the pool before the water changes its colour has left me more than a little sleep-deprived, and I've fallen behind with my reading.

Thankfully, today Padma has been invited by her friend Deidree to man - well, wo-man! - a stall in the Bay's shopping mall to raise funds for the study of motor neuron disease, which will give me time to exercise some other neurons in my brain and catch up with some of my reading.

It's just after five o'clock in the morning and, while the porridge is slowly cooking on the stove, I've decided to make a start on "Die Stunde der Wale" which the booklady in Berlin had sent me for my birthday.

"Books!" Das war mein letztes Wort, dann trugen mich die Englein fort!


Googlemap Riverbend