If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

A library with a view

Painted a bright red, I call it the "Red House" in memory of Hermann Hesse

 

The overcast weather and intermittent rain continues, and so, instead of being cooped up in the house, I use my libraries - plural! - to keep the blues away. Today I'm spending most of my time in the "Red House" which contains my library of travel books as well as all my foreign-language books and books on linguistics.

 

The green building is our former guest cottage which is now our 'Haus Piksa'

 

It is also a wonderful writing room with a view which, whether overcast or raining, allows me to dream big enough for anything to come true.

 

 

And that doesn't even include the evenings when I light the kerosene lamp (the "Red House" is 'off-grid', as they say) and pretend that I am back in some remote outpost of Papua New Guinea. Lukim yu bihain!

 

 


Googlemap Riverbend