If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Appointment in Samarra

 

A parable almost as old as time itself was retold by one of my favourite writers, Somerset W. Maugham, in 1933. It sounds like something out of "One Thousand and One Nights", and it is one of those stories that a lot of people vaguely know, without quite knowing why ... .

 

 

An old friend - old in both senses of the word - in Greece reminded me of it today, although, at my age, I don't need any reminding, Bozenna.

My next appointmwnt will be on Wednesday, the 9th of November, not in Samarra but in Ulladulla, with my favourite dentist. I hope I make it.

One day at a time ...


Googlemap Riverbend