If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, December 17, 2022

And Zen what?

 

My brother turns ninety today! If he's still turning because, like the rest of our dysfunctional family, none of us know if the others are still alive. But I still have his email address (which he didn't have when we last met at our father's funeral in 1984), so I thought I email him this birthday card.

If he's still turning he's doing well. At his age Mozart had already been decomposing for fifty-five years! (don't hate me for turning intellectual and talking about Mozart if you have never seen one of his paintings ...)

Karl-Heinz, I hope you like my koan-like birthday card. Well done for reaching ninety! I keep my applause down to just one hand clapping.


Googlemap Riverbend