If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, December 22, 2022

The peace and quiet of "Riverbend"

Click on image for a close-up

 

I'd just finished with "Travels with Epicurus" and wanted to walk across the lawn to my library to swap it for "Every Time I Find the Meaning of Life, They Change It", a humorous trip through life by Daniel Klein, when I found my path barred by our resident 'roo.

It's been grazing peacefully up and down our seven acres for quite some time now, but this is the first time it has expressed an interest in books - or is it feeling a bit lonely with all that Christmessy feeling in the air?

It's now some three hours later, and I've had a quick look out the kitchen window: yep, it's still there; in fact, it's stretched out and sleeping!!!

Oh, for the peace and quiet of "Riverbend"!


Googlemap Riverbend