If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, December 3, 2022

It's still there!

Click on image to enlarge

 

I was up with the lark again - although all I could hear was the paradoxical laughter of the kookaburras - to grab that extra hour or two by myself during which I cook my own porridge and follow my own thoughts and decide what to do for the rest of the day: very little or nothing! I call it my very-early-morning dreaming!

Someone else who's also still dreaming is whoever is on that motor cruiser moored across the river. It's Day Three now and he's still there. I can just make out the wide hull appearing through the thick mist like a mirage (the above photo was taken a couple of hours later). That's how I like all my neighbours: well out of earshot and almost out of sight!

It's time for the morning news, and I've just heard that so far this year 178,323 people were married. Shouldn’t that be an even number? I mean, it's only logical, isn't it? "Logic?" I hear you ask, "what's logic?"

The best way to explain it is by telling you about two Queenslanders, Jim and Bob, who were sitting in their local pub up in Townsville where I once used to live, having a few XXXXs (they couldn't spell 'beer' either).

Jim turns to Bob and says, "You know what, I'm tired of going through life without a good education. Tomorrow I think I'll go down to that community college and sign up for some classes."

Next day, Jim goes to the college and meets with the Dean of Admissions, who signs him up for the four basic classes: Maths, English, History, and Logic.

"Logic?" Jim asks the Dean. "What's that?"

The Dean says, "I'll give you an example. Do you own a whipper snipper?"

"Yeah!"

"Then, logically speaking, because you own a whipper snipper, I think that you would also have a yard."

"That's true, I do have a yard."

"I'm not done yet", the Dean says. "Because you have a yard, I think, logically, that you would also have a house."

"Yes, I do have a house."

"And, because you have a house, I think you might logically have a family."

"Yes, I have a family."

"I'm not done yet", the Dean says. "Because you have a family, then logically you would also have a wife. And, because you have a wife, then logic tells me you must be a heterosexual."

"I am a heterosexual", says Jim. "That's amazing how you were able to find out all that about me just because I have a whipper snipper!"

Excited to take the class now, Jim shakes the Dean's hand and leaves to meet Bob at the pub again. Over a couple of XXXXs (they still can't spell 'beer'), he tells Bob about his classes, how he is signed up for Maths, English, History and Logic.

"Logic?" Bob says, "What's that?"

Jim says, "I'll give you an example. Do you have a whipper snipper?"

"No."

"Then you're a poofter."

Dear reader, I'm glad I could answer your question "What's logic?" May I now ask you a question? Do you have a whipper snipper? I thought so!!!


Googlemap Riverbend