If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, March 26, 2018

Now I know why Chinese people eat rice

 

Padma is due for another trip to Surabaya and showed me how the rice cooker works: two scoops of rice, three cups of water, press "COOK" - tasol! Now I know why Chinese people eat rice: it's so much easier than cooking potatoes.

I watched that show on SBS about the new 17-hour-20-minute QANTAS Dreamliner non-stop flight from Perth to London. 236 eating and drink-ing passengers squeezed into a 60-metre long metal tube for almost 18 hours. At the end of it they'll all be breathing more farts than air.

One of the passengers, a lesbian, said a tearful good-bye to her partner whom she is engaged to. I noticed that no-one used the word fiancée. They probably didn't know whether to use the word fiancée or fiancé.

And that's about it for another Monday. Tomorrow is D-Day, Dentist Day. Last time we were there, he gave Padma some sort of dental gel which she must keep in her closed mouth for about fifteen to twenty minutes.

Before he does strange things to my own mouth and I lose the power of speech, I must ask him to give her another prescription because that gel works like a miracle. For a whole fifteen to twenty minutes it's absolute peace and quiet in the house.


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap