If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, March 24, 2018

You made me do it; I didn't want to do it

 

Everybody claims to be a patsy these days, but not a Patsy Cline: "I played the poker machines until I was broke. I didn't want to do it; they should've stopped me do it." "I maxed out my credit cards. I didn't want to do it; they should've stopped me do it." "I made some shithouse investments. I didn't want to do it; they should've stopped me do it."

Ignorance has never been a defence before the law, but stupidity some-how has. I am tired of hearing people blaming them, "the government" or some other Big Brother, anybody except themselves, for being stupid.

They claim to fall to pieces and have their debts written off and their contracts annulled, with some of them then becoming 'counsellors' to similarly stupid people. Government- nay, taxpayer-funded, of course!

I'm tired of people who refuse to take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of them blaming them, the government, or imagined discrimination, or big-whatever, for their self-inflicted problems.

Yes, I'm bloody tired. But I'm also glad I am in my 70s. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. Thank God I'm on the way out and not on the way in.

Time for a cup of tea. It's still cold and grey outside. I wonder who I can blame for that? Isn't there a support group for shivering tea-drinking re-tirees on the South Coast of New South Wales? If not, why not? I want to know! I paid my taxes!


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap