If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, May 13, 2024

I've just been to see my favourite phlebotomist

 

She gave me a blood test twelve months ago, and she's done it again this year, all courtesy of the Australian government who pays for an annual "Health Assessment" for everyone who's over the age of 75. The results will be know in two days' time.

After lunch at Leon's GOLDEN LAKE Chinese Restaurant, we're back at "Riverbend" which looks absolutely splendid in its autumnal colours.

 

 

The pond is full to overflowing after several days of an almost biblical deluge, its magnitude indicated by my scientifically calibrated floating rain gauge in the now very muddy and very fast-flowing flooded river.

 

 

I'm sitting by the river now, cup of chai in hand, and I can almost hear Mole ask, "And you really live by the river? What a jolly life!", to which I - sorry, Rat replies, "By it and with it and on it and in it. It's my world, and I don't want any other. What it hasn't got is not worth having, and what it doesn't know is not worth knowing." (The Wind in the Willows)


Googlemap Riverbend