If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, January 29, 2018

He'd already passed on with barely a ripple

Click on image to enlarge

 

There's this chap in one of those ingenious Hobie Pedal Kayaks who's been passing "Riverbend" every morning for the last few days, and I've been meaning to take a photo of him as he looks so relaxed and happy serenely floating down the river.

I saw him again this morning but by the time I'd grapped my camera and gone out on the verandah, he'd already passed on with barely a ripple.

Padma went to the Bay with some friends to see 'The Post', a political movie about the Pentagon Papers. Pentagon, hexagon, septagon, octa-gon, nonagon - methinks they've gone to get an eyeful of Tom Hanks.

The longer they peep at Tom, the better for me, so that I can enjoy the peace and quiet of "Riverbend" and just watch the ripples on the water. The sheer bliss of it! Thanks, Hanks!


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap