If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, January 27, 2018

They aren't called CELL phones for nothing!

 

We already had mobile phones when I was a kid in Germany back in the 'fifties but they were those old-fashioned types that didn't replace your camera, calendar, computer, watch, alarm clock, and - in extreme cases - your family and friends.

I don't want one of those new-fangled mobile or cell phones. I don't want to be always on call. And I don't want to feel like a prisoner on day release, constantly being monitored by an electronic ankle bracelet.

Although I did buy one of those hands-free jobs but I put it away until I need it. On that fateful day when I discover that I've started talking to myself in public, I retrieve it, fit the earpiece, and hit the street secure in the knowledge that no one will suspect me of talking to myself.

They'll think I'm a hip oldie and talking on my mobile.


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap