If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, January 19, 2018

Not giving a stuff

 

There was a time in my life when I used to read too much into people's behaviour towards me. Did he just walk past me without saying hello? Why is she turning her back on me?

These days, apart from that woman up the lane with the ghastly afflic-tion of a rheumatic middle finger who, despite my waning sex drive, still calls me "that fuckin' German", I no longer meet many people.

And I no longer worry about the behaviour of the few I meet. If they say hello, I compliment them on their memory. If they don't, I put it down to dementia.

I no longer read anything into people's behaviour towards me which is the one good thing about old age: not giving a stuff.


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap