If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, October 4, 2020

Nappiness is ...


Early afternoon

 

Nappiness is a nap on the old sofa on the verandah when the rain is pitter-pattering on the roof or when it's scorching hot, as both times remind me of my tropical island times. Today is the latter, and I took a snap of the tourist boat coming upriver before I took a nap.

That was two hours ago because the tourist boat is our clock and her coming upriver means it's a quarter to one. Now it's a quarter to three and I'm due for a glass of red while I decide what else not to do for the rest of the afternoon.

Speaking of which, can you remember what you did on 26 September 1983? Anyway, whether you remember or not, that you're still here at all you owe to Stanislav Petrov who did not press the red button - press

 


Late afternoon

 

Here's my growing list of things to be grateful for: my coming out to this wonderful country in 1965; Stanislav Petrov not pressing that button in 1983; Donald Trump losing the election next month; my old sofa ...


Googlemap Riverbend