If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, April 21, 2024

My first day at school on 21st April 1952

 

"Mein erster Schulgang am 21.4.1952"
Volksschule Sophienstraße
Click on image to enlarge

 

 

It's another day in Paradise: the river sparkles in the early sun and it's still agreeably warm and I'm agreeably contented with my lot. As for all that trouble in the Middle East, it's as old as all times.

It goes right back to the time when Moses went back up the mountain again and said, "Excuse me, God, I just want to get this straight: the Arabs get all the oil, and we get to cut the ends off our what???"

As I said, it's long-forgotten history. What I haven't forgotten yet is that on this day seventy-two years ago I had my first day at school. I loved learning then and I continued to love learning for the rest of my life.


Googlemap Riverbend