If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, April 25, 2024

My pre-Deceased Estate Sale is up and running!

 

As I've mentioned earlier, my pre-Deceased Estate Sale is now up and running! So far the online advertisement at www.realestate.com.au had 510 hits, of which some 400 are probably my own as I keep admiring my handiwork.

As I put in parentheses at the bottom of the advertisement: (This is a pre-Deceased Estate Sale by the owner himself who wants to sell while he can still drive his own car before being driven out in a hearse. His negotiating skills are hopeless, so to save himself all the frustrations, he's set a very realistic sales price. His photography is also pretty crappy, so you will be pleasantly surprised when you see the real thing.)

The resulting inquiries were just four: a promising one from a real estate mogul in Milton who seemed to be interested in adding to his portfolio, and another three from people whose arithmetic must've been way off when reading "most residential properties sell at a price ratio of 75% for the house and 25% for the land; 'Riverbend' has an inverse ratio of 25% for the house and 75% for the land (1 July 2022 Valuer-General's Valuation of the LAND ONLY was $2,637,000)". They never replied after I had told them that the price would be over $3 million.

Perhaps my home-made advertisement lacks the misleading hyperbole employed by fast-talking real estate agents; it also lacks all that tricky photography employed by fast-talking real estate agents that makes the sky look bluer and the grass look greener and the house look bigger.

It's just an honest advertisement for a house which over thirty years has become a home which I will be reluctant to leave but leave I will while I'm still able to drive my own car instead of being driven out in a hearse.


Googlemap Riverbend