If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, September 14, 2020

I'm back in my riverside "office"

 

With winter over, I've moved from the now "mothballed" fireplace in the lounge room to my riverside "office". The sliding door is wide open, the sun is shining, and I can hear the birds singing and the fish jumping.

Padma has driven into town for some shopping. Her list read, "Ricotta cheese, cream cheese, sultanas, lemon ..." I think I was looking at some of the ingredients for a backed German cheesecake to celebrate the fifty-fourth anniversary of my 21st birthday.

She gets a kick out of giving presents, and couldn't wait to give me mine already - books, of course! Nor could she keep a secret and already told me that there will be some friends waiting at the Nelligen Park across the river to celebrate Papua New Guinea's Independence Day with us.

Unfortunately, Michael Somare can't make it because of coronavirus!


Googlemap Riverbend