If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, September 26, 2020

"Stories only happen to those who are able to tell them"

 

This is a quote by Paul Auster who wrote the screenplay for "Smoke" and "Blue in the Face". As much as I enjoyed both movies, I'm enjoying Paul Austen's books so much more because, oh boy, can he tell a story! And I've only just started because there are so many of them:

The Invention of Solitude
The Art of Hunger
The Brooklyn Follies
Report from the Interior
In the Country of Last Things
Leviathan
Auggie Wren's Christmas Story
I Thought my Father was God
Beyond the Red Notebook
Hand to Mouth : a Chronicle of Early Failure
The Music of Chance
Oracle Night
The New York Trilogy
Timbuktu
Travels in the Scriptorium
Sunset Park
Man in the Dark
City of Glass
The Book of Illusions
Mr Vertigo
Invisible

And these are just the ones available for online reading at archive.org!

"Reading was my escape and my comfort, my consolation, my stimulant of choice: reading for the pure pleasure of it, for the beautiful stillness that surrounds you when you hear an author's words reverberating in your head." This is a quote by Paul Auster, and how I can relate to it! And here's another one: "When a person is lucky enough to live inside a story, to live inside an imaginary world, the pains of this world disappear. For as long as the story goes on, reality no longer exists." And this one really hit the mark: "It seems to me that I will always be happy in the place where I am not."

Since I don't like online reading and need the tactile sensation of the actual book in my hand to really enjoy what I'm reading, my current reading-shelf is filling up with books by Paul Auster. If it gets too full and comes crashing down on me, I've only got my shelf to blame!


Googlemap Riverbend