If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, September 26, 2020

My life's work continues

 

For the second day in a row, my life's work continues: like the quixotic and lovable Augustus "Auggie" Wren in "Smoke", I've again stood on my little "corner" - well, on a bend really, a "Riverbend" - at eight o'clock in the morning, in all kinds of weather, and took a photo of my little part of the world.

Of course, all this happened a couple of hours after I had already made two cups of tea - one green with soy milk for Padma, and one ginger with lemon and a spoonful of honey for myself - and cooked my porridge - a handful of raisins, five spoonfuls of oats, and a spoonful of honey - and gave a handful of sunflower seeds to the flock of king parrots and rainbow lorrikeets clamouring for attention on the verandah.

And here's another (un)important piece of information: I've ordered a copy of "Blue in the Face", the hilarious follow-up to "Smoke", but more of that later. First here is a view of the world from where I am standing:

 

Click on image to enlarge
Friday, 25th September 2020, 8 a.m.

Saturday, 26th September 2020, 8 a.m.

 

You may ask, "Nothing happening there. What's the point?" Well, that is the point - if you get my point.


Googlemap Riverbend