If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, September 14, 2020

"What made you come to Nelligen?"

 

Cool morning here but a few boats are already out on river. The fish must be biting. Which reminds me: yesterday we saw a seal (not a fish) frolicking in the water in front of the house.

We've just come back from our morning walk across the bridge and through the village, where we met a nice lady with her dog who'd recently moved here - well, as recently as two-and-a-half years ago.

Which means she's still got at least another twenty years to go become she becomes "one of us", or rather, "one of them" since we've been here full-time for just on twenty years and are still not quite "one of them."

Anyway, after the usual banter, I asked her, "What made you come to Nelligen?" to which she replied - wait for it! - "Well, Kate Nelligan is my favourite actor, and I was Google-ing her, and up came this house in Nelligen, and I said to myself, 'I want this house!', and so I bought it."

What a pity that the American movie "Riverbend" is practically unknown in Australia, or someone might Google it and find "Riverbend" for sale instead and say, "I want this house!" Perhaps I should do it the other way and rename "Riverbend". Would "Debbie does Dallas" attract many hits?


Googlemap Riverbend