If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, December 20, 2021

Let me know if you spotted me in the video!

No, that isn't me at 15:29, as I would've known how to set up the chess board the right way, i.e. a WHITE square at the bottom right-hand side facing each player

 

No one saw me off when I boarded the Italian passenger ship "FLAVIA" in Bremerhaven on the 30th of June 1965. No one took a photograph of the momentous occasion. There were no streamers, no band was playing, no tears were shed.

People stood quietly on the rain-moist deck as the last visitors were ordered ashore. Then the slow, sonorous, terrible blast on the ship's siren; suddenly a gap had opened between ship and land: we were on our way; there was no going back!

Almost six weeks later, on the 6th of August, I arrived in Australia. They checked me for infectious illnesses but could find nothing more than an addiction to hard work. Let me know if you spotted me in the video!


Googlemap Riverbend