If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

It's going to be a hot day!

 

Seven o'clock and the river is still under a thick blanket of fog which always promises a hot day. The hotter the better, as I don't like the cold (speaking of which, the porridge is bubbling on the stove, so I'd better keep an eye on that as well).

We'll skip our walk this morning as Padma is catching up on her beauty-sleep. If we still had a dog, I'd take him for a walk. If we ever get a dog again, I think I name him "Ten Kilometres". That way I could tell people I walk "Ten Kilometres" every day (I told Padma I'd like a dog for Christ-mas. She said, "Normally I do a turkey but if it'll make you happy ...")

We're off into the Bay today as we got Thai-ed up with a lunchtime date at the Sawatdee Restaurant with a good friend of ours (yes, there are still a few left that I haven't pissed off yet or that haven't died yet).

Then it's a quick check with the post office for all those many book parcels I'm still expecting before Christmas, followed by shopping at the local mall. My shopping list is quite long: 1) a new 2022 diary with one page for a day; 2) sunflower seeds for the parrots; 3) a few more bottles of wine for the so-called Festive Season (and a bottle or two of non-alcoholic sparkling wine for Padma); 4) all the usual things such as bread and ham and cheese; 5) and - most importantly - don't run into anyone I know because I want to get back to my peace and quiet at "Riverbend".

This took me no more than five minutes to type. As I already wrote, the porridge is still bubbling on the stove, and I also still have to shower and shave before I brave the big bad world outside the gates of "Riverbend".


Googlemap Riverbend