If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Thank you, Enid Blyton!

 

Hallo, everybody! Do you know who I am? I wear a little blue hat that has a bell at the top, with a jingle in it, and my head goes nid-nid-nodding all the time. Yes, you're right - I'm little Noddy and I live in Toy Town in my dear little House-for-One." [From Enid Blyton's NODDY]

For 'Toy Town' read Canberra and for 'dear little House-for-One' read the not so little and far more expensive Parliament House which for years was full of mindless background Noddies, until the Chaser's War on Everything put them to flight. It still cracks me up every time I see it.

They're still as mindless as ever, but at least we don't have to look at them anymore. Political satire at its best! Thank you, Enid Blyton!


Googlemap Riverbend