If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Everything starts with the light

 

It's another Edenic morning in Nelligen and we're off for our walk around the village whose cheerful toy-box houses shine like an oasis of sunlit optimism. The light here is like nothing else on earth. "Australia's like an open door with the blue beyond", wrote D.H. Lawrence. Everything starts with this otherwordly light.

There are always new people to greet because, at last count, Nelligen has seven - yes, seven! - airbnbs, and then there are the locals who are walking their dogs but only really want to talk. This morning it's just a short "What a beautiful morning! Another day in Paradise!" before we move on because Padma wants to drive into the Bay. She wants to buy some Chrissie present to exchange for some other Chrissie present at today's Bitch & Stitch Christmas Party in the local church, even though we still have the unopened box of lavender-scented soap from last year.

I buy my own Chrissie presents as no-one seems to understand my taste in books, and there ought to be several parcels awaiting collection at the post office in the Bay. No-one writes letters anymore but people are queueing up every day to pick up parcels from their online shopping.

It promises to be a great day. What can I say? Another day in Paradise!


Googlemap Riverbend

 

P.S. It's now several hours later and I'm still working my way through a large bowl of porridge laced with raisins and honey. Padma just phoned from the post office. No book parcels yet but a box containing this:

Yes, guilty as charged! I ordered this, too, so I can sit on my ride-on while listening to my favourite program on ABC Radio National.