If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Why I Love Larry Haun

 

Before I came to "Riverbend", the only hammer I had ever held in my hand had been of the jibber jabber groan variety. That all that changed at "Riverbend" because a lot that can go wrong in a big two-storey house and on seven acres.

And while they say, "if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail", not everything can be fixed with a hammer. So my workshop grew bigger, and with it my ambitions to do more than just fixing things.

Many years, many mistakes, and many bruised knuckles later, I have ended up with a score of finished projects that even Larry Haun, whose YouTube videos helped me every step of the way, could be proud of.

 

Larry Haun even taught me how to use a hammer

 

Larry Haun passed away in 2011 after a long battle with lymphoma, but his memory lives on in his videos, and several books, including "A Carpenter's Life as Told by Houses", and my carpentry at "Riverbend".


Googlemap Riverbend